One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A road giving access to a place or to another road.
- ‘I was out in front and I veered off the main road, taking an access road for a large warehouse.’
- ‘The order was identified when the estate was being planned and is intended to allow a new access road across Black Horse Lane.’
- ‘A refuse store and a new access road on to Arthur Lane will also be created.’
- ‘Ignore tracks to the left and right but keep to the main access road which bears right and climbs gradually to the lane crossroads.’
- ‘As you drive up the access road through the foothills about two hours after leaving Calgary, the ski hill comes into view.’
- ‘An access road will run from the entrance at Ferncliffe Road, through the site to the far end of the development onto Mornington Road.’
- ‘It sounded like they were just coming down the small hill on the access road, where it meets the main road at a right angle.’
- ‘Matters are not helped by the fact that at weekends the northern ring road becomes solely an access road to Clifton Moor.’
- ‘But one of the more controversial aspects of the plans submitted to Harrogate Council is a new access road off Rudding Lane.’
- ‘Go through the gateway on the left-hand side of the dam and follow the reservoir access road down through a small woodland plantation.’
- ‘A new access road on to Arthur Lane would also be created.’
- ‘Louie Servin lives about two miles from the track off Cherry Avenue, a main access road to the speedway.’
- ‘On top of that they want to build an access road from the Keswick Street end of the ground to link up with the Gabriels club across the fields.’
- ‘The Tritium Truck heads north off the main highway, and following a series of country roads comes to a gravel access road.’
- ‘Using a bypass as a main access road for housing and industry is fraught with potential road traffic problems and dangers.’
- ‘One road needed to be developed as the main access road into Belmullet and it seemed logical this would be the road from Ballina.’
- ‘The access road would not be altered and no new roads would be created on the site. Each property would have its own private garden.’
- ‘Leave the main road here and follow the access road towards the farm.’
- ‘The Tynings in Corsham is a residential street used as an access road for double decker buses collecting pupils at the secondary school.’
- ‘At present traffic is being diverted via the Lodge Road and a temporary access road.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.