One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Chuma's stubborn abstruseness has alienated some critics, but it continues to inform her sense of theater and may be the only thing one can continue to expect from her.’
- ‘Just hope that abstruseness may be mistaken for erudition.’
- ‘I'd been much, much less attracted by what is perhaps the more public face of philosophy, which is its abstruseness, its complexity, its boringness even.’
- ‘This seems to engender in those who write about it a feeling that the lack of any abstruseness in their subject demands a compensatory abstruseness in their language.’
- ‘Christian analytical philosophers are scorned by the obtuse for their abstruseness and abstraction, derided for their technical vocabulary, and accused of ‘scholasticism.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.