One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They subsist abstemiously upon wild herbs and fruits and roots and leaves of diverse kinds.’
- ‘Sims abstemiously declined anything alcoholic but before she knew it ‘three Martinis were whizzing around my bloodstream’.’
- ‘You see him sip abstemiously, after using the small reading glasses he keeps in his pocket to read the label.’
- ‘We'd ordered a bottle of Tiefenbrunner Pinot Grigio 2001 for €21 from a range of interesting and well priced new and old world wines, which we managed to sip abstemiously for the entire meal.’
- ‘The Cardinal lived abstemiously in a top-floor apartment, worked on his memoirs and a history of the Roman Catholic Church in Hungary.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.