One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The energy of ionizing radiation absorbed per unit mass by a body, often measured in rads.
- ‘The corresponding absorbed dose from photons released in the BNC reaction is considered to be negligible as calculated by Monte Carlo code MCNP4C.’
- ‘When this happens, your risk of thyroid cancer developing years later is slightly increased, in proportion to the absorbed dose of radioiodine.’
- ‘Manufacturers hope to better understand the distribution of the absorbed dose within products of heterogeneous density when the products are exposed to ionizing radiation in an industrial irradiator.’
- ‘The dose equivalent in rems is numerically equal to the absorbed dose in rads multiplied by the quality factor, which, for most medical radiation, is one.’
- ‘The severity of symptoms depends on the absorbed dose of radiation by the exposed area of the body.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.