One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Ethanol containing less than one percent of water by weight.
- ‘Once absolute alcohol has been produced it must be stored in such a manner as to exclude water, since the high hygroscopic nature of the ethanol will readily reabsorb the water.’
- ‘This is a modified mixture of Carnoy's fluid containing absolute alcohol, chloroform, and glacial acetic acid.’
- ‘Animals have been recovered from this state after immersion in liquid helium, absolute alcohol, brine, and ether.’
- ‘Soluble in benzene, absolute alcohol, and ether, it is derived either from boiling coal-tar oils with subsequent crystallization and distillation, or from petroleum fractions following various catalytic processing operations.’
- ‘The samples comprised neoplastic tissue, and each was subjected to the following regimen: the sample was placed in a 10% formalin solution for 24 hr, a 96% alcohol solution for 24 hr, and absolute alcohol for 24 hr.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.