One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The ability of an individual or group to carry out a particular economic activity more efficiently than another individual or group.
- ‘If absolute advantage rules, capitalism itself will redistribute income and wealth from rich countries to poor ones.’
- ‘Ricardo demonstrated that although a country does not have an absolute advantage in the production of any goods vis-à-vis another country, gains can still be made from international trade.’
- ‘However, as David Ricardo famously demonstrated, specialization and trade can benefit even a country that has an absolute advantage in all industries.’
- ‘Many developing countries have an absolute advantage in the price of unskilled labor.’
- ‘Hence, people in general, not only nations, divide labor among themselves according to their comparative advantages (and not according to their absolute advantages as perhaps is the common belief, shared also by Smith).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.