One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Our goal is to stabilize the ratio of people who are now becoming absconders or fugitives and the number of people we're removing from the country.’
- ‘Indeed, it seems that an attempt to arrest the real absconder on the basis of this warrant would have been unlawful, since he was not the person named in it.’
- ‘A police officer said: ‘He was a known absconder, so people are worried that if they come forward they might be in trouble for helping or harbouring him, but we just want to solve this tragic mystery.’’
- ‘They must get a signed warrant from a judge before sending law-enforcement officers after the absconder.’
- ‘The man who had ruled his country with a brutal and inflexible religious law was now ‘an absconder, a fugitive from justice’ he said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.