One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A drug which can induce abortion, especially mifepristone.
- ‘In the first nine weeks of pregnancy the abortion pill may be used.’
- ‘As more women opt for medical terminations, using the abortion pill, rather than surgical abortions, nurses in gynaecology wards are more involved in the treatment.’
- ‘The move follows a dispute over the growing use in Italy of the abortion pill, Mifepristone.’
- ‘And the abortion pill Mifepristone, also known as RU - 486, must now carry a strong warning that it can cause serious infections, bleeding, and tubal pregnancies, says the FDA.’
- ‘On Thursday the US Food and Drug Administration approved the abortion pill RU - 486, which has been on the market for years in Britain, France, China and other countries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.