One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large hairy creature resembling a human or bear, said to live in the highest part of the Himalayas.Also called yeti
- ‘A Japanese expedition equipped with infrared cameras will scour the Nepali Himalayas in search of the legendary Yeti, or Abominable Snowman.’
- ‘When flying, we wore heavy wool-lined flying gear, and Bernie looked like the Abominable Snowman when suited up.’
- ‘The Himalaya has its Abominable Snowman, or the Yeti.’
- ‘Their logo is the famous footprint of the Abominable Snowman, not a figure commonly associated with tropical Calicut, but symbolic both of the leap of imagination they have undertaken and the ‘barefoot’ nature of their enterprise.’
- ‘Three years ago at Muirfield, in third-round conditions better suited to the Abominable Snowman than tournament golf, Woods shot himself out of contention with an 81.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.