One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An animal of a Scottish breed of hornless black beef cattle.Also called Black Angus
- ‘Two bulls and one heifer, of an Aberdeen Angus cross breed, were delivered this week.’
- ‘Two calves, one a Charolais-cross, the other an Aberdeen Angus, arrived at Murton Park earlier this week.’
- ‘The test identifies whether meat is pure Aberdeen Angus, from an animal sired by an Aberdeen Angus bull, or another breed.’
- ‘He runs an Aberdeen Angus herd near Skipton and sits on the West Riding National Farmers' Union's livestock committee.’
- ‘The overall champion of Saturday's East Mainland show was an Aberdeen Angus bull, Ebony of Burnside.’
- ‘The founder of the distillery, contracted to sell, to a banker, an Aberdeen Angus cow whom both parties believed to be infertile.’
- ‘They have started an Aberdeen Angus herd, which currently stands at 60 head - and doesn't have to be milked twice a day.’
Mid 19th century: from Aberdeenshire and Angus, where the breed originated.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.