One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A surgical operation involving the removal of excess flesh from the abdomen.
- ‘The standard abdominoplasty is a large procedure requiring two to four days hospitalisation.’
- ‘The patient may seek consultation with a plastic surgeon for a face lift, mammoplasty, or abdominoplasty for removal of excess skin.’
- ‘In addition to looking better in their clothes with the help of abdominoplasty, more men are also seeking facial rejuvenation with face-lifts, eyelid surgery and brow-lifts.’
- ‘Liposuction, tummy tuck or abdominoplasty are the types of abdominal plastic surgeries.’
- ‘In a traditional abdominoplasty, an incision is made along the bikini line from hip to hip, the loose skin is removed, the muscles are tightened and the incision is sealed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.