One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A thing that no longer happens or exists.
- ‘Dressing up for a meeting with your accountant may soon be a thing of the past.’
- ‘Actually, in some parts of the world this is becoming a thing of the past.’
- ‘But for one group of tots, such light-hearted activity could be a thing of the past.’
- ‘The habit of walking children to school is mostly a thing of the past.’
- ‘The guide suggests that Britain is now a truly united kingdom with the north-south divide a thing of the past.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.