One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who does not settle in one place will not accumulate wealth or status, or responsibilities or commitments.
- ‘Just as a rolling stone gathers no moss, an active brain grows no hair.’
- ‘Yet we must be mindful that a rolling stone gathers no moss.’
- ‘A rolling stone gathers no moss, and a wavering judgment makes a fruitless life.’
- ‘But sometimes you just have to take the rough with the smooth, watch the way the cookie crumbles, let sleeping dogs lie, and remember that a rolling stone gathers no moss.’
- ‘He adds: ‘A rolling stone gathers no moss, and I need to be active.’’
- ‘He certainly was not sympathetic towards the spirituality of them, and he once commented to a friend considering the monastic life, ‘It is true that a rolling stone gathers no moss, but then, why should it?’’
- ‘He was a jack of all trades and a master of a few of them but a rolling stone gathers no moss so he was never well off.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.