One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The side of a pop single record regarded as the main release.
- ‘Can you guess the A-sides of each of these and the year they were all hits?’
- ‘This 10-song collection features mostly B-sides and a few A-sides, but generally it's material North Americans haven't been able to buy.’
- ‘I loved the writing on the A-side of the menu, too.’
- ‘Perhaps it's to be expected that a band called the A-Sides would package its debut single as a double A-side.’
- ‘It's also got a nifty closed groove on the A-side; to get to the song that follows you have to skip to the end and it plays backward.’
- ‘The double A-side will be released as a limited edition vinyl.’
- ‘And in a surprising turn of events, no singles were released for this album, with the assurance that they'd be releasing a few A-sides in December.’
- ‘So I got to do the intro with him and it turned out to be the A-side of his record.’
- ‘The double A-side single Young Man is currently out on promo.’
- ‘I wanted to make an album that didn't have any throw away tracks on it… where every piece is a potential A-side single.’
- ‘The problem with this, though, is I think we're recording our 3 best songs so there's likely to be a debate over what becomes the A-side.’
- ‘I also like the idea of recording songs in pairs and putting them out as double A-sides.’
- ‘As ever with these popularity/unpopularity polls, it was a bit of a double A-side - some bits were splendid, some were just frightening.’
- ‘‘Baby Boomerang’, for example, appeared as an A-side nearly five years after it was originally released on The Slider.’
- ‘His first single was a double A-side featuring Westlife's song ‘Evergreen’ and ‘Anything Is Possible’.’
- ‘The single will be a double A-side with two songs - both ballads.’
- ‘The singer's representatives had insisted the chart show screen him singing both tracks from his double A-side single.’
- ‘Happily, the two tracks on offer here amply justify their existence as A-sides.’
- ‘With its beefed-up beat and Monch's vocal skills, the song is now a bonafide A-side track.’
- ‘The A-side was ‘Reasons To Believe’ and a disc jockey in Cleveland turned it over and played it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.