One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘(Reece's ghazals are spiritually but not metrically linked to that form).’
- ‘Here she breaks what is actually a metrically regular dactylic line so that the beat is undermined and countered by the line breaks: a subtle disorienting of form and expectation.’
- ‘Here are a few metrically representative lines from one of the first popular raps.’
- ‘The group then uses this metrically ambiguous unit as a hinge between the first and second main sections.’
- ‘I admire greatly your own translations from a wide variety of European writers: these seem to free you up metrically in certain ways, and also allow more demonstrative rhetorical gestures than you generally permit in your own writing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.