- another term for zip
A type of cigarette lighter with a hinged lid, using lighter fluid as fuel.
- ‘He took out a cigarette and lit it with a silver Zippo with what I guessed were his initials, J.M. engraved onto one side.’
- ‘On top of the pile was a Zippo and a bottle of lighter fluid.’
- ‘I reached into my pocket and fished out my Zippo, quickly flipping the top back and lighting it.’
- ‘He produced a Zippo and flicked it open, lighting Williams' cigarette.’
- ‘The only lighter products available are components for re-usable lighters, like a Zippo.’
1930s: of unknown origin.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.