One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A member of a central African people of mixed ethnic origin.
- ‘Population migration in the 18th and 19th centuries brought new migrants into the area, including the Zande, Banda, and Baya-Mandjia.’
- ‘In Africa when the Azande prepare to fight they sit and wait for most of the day to pass.’
- ‘Who's to say I'm wrong if I don't find modern physics very satisfying and would prefer the spiritual beliefs of the Azande?’
- ‘These people were Azande, a tribal group scattered across central Africa in the Congo, the Sudan, and the Central African Republic.’
2The Niger–Congo language of the Zande, with over a million speakers mainly in northern Democratic Republic of Congo (Zaire) and Sudan.
Relating to the Zande or their language.
- ‘The Simbas, however, had killed Faustino's brother, who was a paramount leader of the Azande tribe.’
The name in Zande.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.