One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- See also Yorkshire terrier
- ‘Tom is one of my Yorkies.’
- ‘King Charles, Yorkies and Labradors tend to go missing.’
- ‘After which I had the excitement of giving my Yorkies a clipping.’
- ‘It is rather like trying to turn a German shepherd into a Yorkie.’
- ‘I've got two Yorkies, a Jack Russell and a Dyson.’
- ‘The Yorkies were done when they were 6 months old as were my previous dogs.’
- ‘How did wolves transform into today's greyhounds, pugs, and Yorkies?’
- ‘I've just had another phone call off daughter #2 to say that the grandson has been diagnosed as allergic to animals so she can't dog sit my Yorkies while I'm away on holiday in 2 weeks time.’
- ‘Before going to their house, we stopped at the dog groomers and picked up their adorable Yorkie named Rusty.’
- ‘These working dogs, much larger than today's Yorkies, were adept at catching rats and other small mammals.’
- ‘You just wouldn't credit how difficult it is to take two little Yorkies out on leads.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.