Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An underwire, padded bra designed to enhance the wearer's cleavage.
- ‘The fitter recommended a rigid foam bra, like a Wonderbra, to a researcher in her 80s.’
- ‘Women's relationship with their breasts changed irrevocably with the launch of the Wonderbra in 1994.’
- ‘She is the face, not to mention bust, of Wonderbra in Argentina.’
- ‘In the early 90s the padded push-up Wonderbra revolutionized the lingerie industry.’
- ‘It's quite amazing - wondrous even - the effects you can get from a wonderbra.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.