Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
treated as singular A computer operating system with a graphical user interface.
- ‘By the end of that year you could plug a Windows system into the Internet and be infected with a dozen worms before you even had a chance to download the latest updates.’
- ‘What programs do I need to install to allow me to use CGI in a Windows environment?’
- ‘From this point on, when referring to SPSS for Windows in the text, it will be called simply SPSS.’
- ‘I had a go at downloading some Windows updates from a Win2k machine with broadband yesterday and gave up because it was so slow.’
- ‘The EU ordered Microsoft to sell a version of Windows without its media player.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.