One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular A computer operating system with a graphical user interface.
- ‘The EU ordered Microsoft to sell a version of Windows without its media player.’
- ‘By the end of that year you could plug a Windows system into the Internet and be infected with a dozen worms before you even had a chance to download the latest updates.’
- ‘What programs do I need to install to allow me to use CGI in a Windows environment?’
- ‘I had a go at downloading some Windows updates from a Win2k machine with broadband yesterday and gave up because it was so slow.’
- ‘From this point on, when referring to SPSS for Windows in the text, it will be called simply SPSS.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.