One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular A computer operating system with a graphical user interface.
- ‘What programs do I need to install to allow me to use CGI in a Windows environment?’
- ‘By the end of that year you could plug a Windows system into the Internet and be infected with a dozen worms before you even had a chance to download the latest updates.’
- ‘From this point on, when referring to SPSS for Windows in the text, it will be called simply SPSS.’
- ‘The EU ordered Microsoft to sell a version of Windows without its media player.’
- ‘I had a go at downloading some Windows updates from a Win2k machine with broadband yesterday and gave up because it was so slow.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.