One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dish consisting of a thin slice of veal that is breaded, fried, and garnished.
- ‘The menu for the evening was incredible: champagne, caviar, smoked salmon, pate, Wiener schnitzel and of course, Sachertorte.’
- ‘Lunch is usually the main meal of the day and consists of soup and a main course of meat - sausage, the widely popular Wiener schnitzel (breaded veal), chicken, beef, pork or fish.’
- ‘We gladly moved on to the main courses: a classic Wiener schnitzel and roasted rabbit in a black olive sauce.’
- ‘I hammered it when it opened because the Wiener schnitzel was a bit tough and I wasn't crazy about the wine glasses.’
- ‘Or perhaps you'll be tempted to try the house specialty, Wiener schnitzel?’
From German, literally ‘Vienna cutlet’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.