One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dish consisting of a thin slice of veal that is breaded, fried, and garnished.
- ‘The menu for the evening was incredible: champagne, caviar, smoked salmon, pate, Wiener schnitzel and of course, Sachertorte.’
- ‘Lunch is usually the main meal of the day and consists of soup and a main course of meat - sausage, the widely popular Wiener schnitzel (breaded veal), chicken, beef, pork or fish.’
- ‘Or perhaps you'll be tempted to try the house specialty, Wiener schnitzel?’
- ‘We gladly moved on to the main courses: a classic Wiener schnitzel and roasted rabbit in a black olive sauce.’
- ‘I hammered it when it opened because the Wiener schnitzel was a bit tough and I wasn't crazy about the wine glasses.’
From German, literally ‘Vienna cutlet’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.