One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The western seaboard of the US from Washington to California.
- ‘That dam would make the West Coast self-sufficient.’
- ‘The West Coast event is held at Bahia Corinthian Yacht Club.’
- ‘He worked for the Los Angeles Sentinel in the 1950s and was a West Coast photographer for Jet and Ebony.’
- ‘I coached a young assistant coach at a major basketball power on the West Coast a few years ago.’
- ‘My younger daughter just enrolled in a West Coast college, and one of the first things she checked was the school rules.’
- ‘I lost in round four at Maple Grove, and I was so frustrated that I wondered if I should even make this West Coast trip.’
- ‘From Baja California up the US West Coast the climate is mild and arid, other than in winter.’
- ‘We left Christchurch on the main road to the West Coast - State Highway 73.’
- ‘Two Special Boat Squadrons were set up, with Squadron One on the West Coast and Squadron Two on the East Coast.’
- ‘He made many contributions to knowledge of the vertebrate and invertebrate fossils of the West Coast.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.