One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Fine clear, colorless flint glassware first manufactured in Waterford, Ireland in the 18th and 19th centuries.
- ‘These were an enlarged framed picture of the first senior championship title - also specially engraved - and a Waterford glass vase from the present members of the Black and Amber.’
- ‘Turning to the subject of fakes, he conceded that she had been accused of ‘making replicas of Waterford glass,’ which she described as ‘very unkind.’’
- ‘He made a presentation of Waterford glass of behalf of the South East branch of the National Union of Journalists.’
- ‘Probus presented Paddy with a Waterford glass bowl and a hurley to mark the occasion.’
- ‘She was presented with a scroll and a beautiful Waterford glass bowl to mark her 60 years of unbroken membership.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.