One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of personal stereo.
- ‘Listening on a Walkman often makes the music more personal and direct.’
- ‘Yet ‘Hold My Hand,’ which sounds as if she recorded it on a Walkman, mesmerizes still.’
- ‘It pioneered the category when it introduced the original Walkman in 1979.’
- ‘The Walkman gave people their own music on the move for the first time, but they were limited by the number of songs a CD or tape could hold.’
- ‘Whether people start ditching their iPods and Walkmans in favour of their mobile though remains to be seen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.