Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A format for storing uncompressed audio files.‘save the recording as a WAV file on your hard drive’
- ‘What if I told it put the temporary wav files on the external drive?’
- ‘But then I tried making mp3s from the wav files, and THEN burning them to disc as audio, and this cut out a huge amount of the distortion.’
- ‘I don't think the embedded MIDI and wav files will win over too many government officials.’
- ‘Having music along with your video can also be accomplished with a MP3 Converter that will allow you to convert your MP3 music into a wav file or the format which you need for your video.’
- ‘Using the drive to record and convert several old vinyl albums into .wav files proved quite simple.’
1990s: shortened from waveform audio format.
WAV file/ˈwav ˌfīl/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.