One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dry white wine, either still or sparkling, produced in the Vouvray district of the Loire Valley.
- ‘There are moderately priced ones like Sancerre or Vouvray which are admirable but you can expect to pay up to a tenner a bottle.’
- ‘A number of different wines are produced in the Loire but the most famous have to be Vouvray and Sancerre.’
- ‘Finally I settled on a simple bottle of Vouvray, something light and fresh to accompany the first couple of courses.’
- ‘With a deep golden colour, this tastes rather like a dry sherry that has seen plenty of oak, or perhaps an aged Vouvray.’
- ‘At its most basic level, Chenin is grown in the Loire to produce wines to be drunk young, such as basic Anjou Blanc or inexpensive Saumur or Vouvray.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.