One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A white grape originally grown in Madeira, now also in Portugal, Sicily, Australia, and South Africa.
- ‘The section between Valhelhas and Verdelhos has sadly been decimated by a recent forest fire.’
- ‘For cakes, fruits, and mellow cheeses, Verdelho Madeira offers a bit more sweetness.’
- ‘Another lesser-known white of great distinction is the tropical fruit-like Verdelho.’
- ‘In our analyses all the plants showed unique genetic profiles with the exception to the Verdelhos that showed the same genotype.’
- ‘Sercial and Verdelho are the two grapes associated with Madeira's dry style.’
- 1.1 A medium Madeira made from the Verdelho grape.
- ‘Margan Verdelho was honoured as the third best Australian Verdelho in the AGT Wine Magazines Top 20 Verdelhos, 2002.’
- ‘I asked Ricardo if he had tasted any of Australia's dry Verdelhos.’
- ‘The white Sercial, Verdelho, Bual, and Malvasia varieties which are classified as ‘noble’ by the ruling Madeira Wine Institute are in short supply.’
- ‘Most Australian Verdelhos are best consumed within two years of vintage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.