One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large window consisting of a central arched section flanked by two narrow rectangular sections.
- ‘A Venetian window on the east side of the quadrangle which had been previously filled in, has been restored with new columns.’
- ‘It faces the front and is lit by a large original Venetian window with leaded diamond panes topped by a plaster archway.’
- ‘Next time you see a Venetian window, a triangular pediment, a coved gallery ceiling, or a Georgian terrace with lined stucco, remember who started it all.’
- ‘I can see the Venetian window and the grape-vine curling up to the roof.’
- ‘The sight of sunlight striking the 16th century Venetian window frames not only took my breath away - it made me itch for my camera.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.