A type of soft French or Swiss cheese made from cow's milk.
- ‘Vacherin cheese is only available for four months each year.’
- ‘As a centrepiece, I suggest a whole Vacherin, gently warmed in a moderate oven for 15 minutes, not to cook it but to bring it to a more attractive room temperature.’
- ‘A strong, glossy slick of Serra cheese was similar to Vacherin and the marinated sea bass was sharp and fresh and ceviche-like.’
- ‘You do not want to be left hunting for a decent Stilton or Vacherin at the eleventh hour.’
- ‘As soon as the Vacherin is cold, carefully peel off the paper and place on a serving plate.’
French, from earlier vachelin, from vache cow.