One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the planet Uranus.‘Uranian moons are traditionally given Shakespearean names’
- ‘Fortunately, there is one area of Uranian science - the rings - for which the new Keck observations have been able to test existing theories, and collapse them to one successful explanation for ring behavior.’
- ‘Today we're going to visualize the sky from the Uranian moon 1986U10, whose orbit lies between that of two other moons whose orbits are themselves less than 500 kilometers apart!’
- ‘The moons are orbiting even closer to the planet than the five major Uranian satellites, which are several hundred miles wide.’
- ‘It was more than sixty years before the next two Uranian moons, Ariel and Umbriel, were discovered.’
- ‘After Uranus was discovered in 1781, astronomers inferred the presence of another planet from the shape of the Uranian orbit.’
- ‘Several of the Uranian moons can be seen, along with bright areas on the cloud-canopied planet itself.’
- ‘Unlike other large Uranian moons, the surface of Umbriel has remained unchanged since the early times of the Solar System.’
- ‘The typical Uranian type is primarily different.’
(in science fiction) an imagined inhabitant of Uranus.
1Relating to heaven; celestial.
A homosexual.gay, lesbian, gay person, lesbigayView synonyms
Early 17th century: from Urania + -an.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.