Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- more formal term for barcode
- ‘There is such a thing as the Uniform Code Council that governs the universal product code.’
- ‘An older and, maybe, more familiar approach to an electronic information collection system is the universal product code or bar code.’
- ‘They'd printed lots of universal product codes for soup cans.’
- ‘The universal product codes are also great for inventory.’
- ‘Similar to universal product codes - the UPC bar code found on packages products - PLUs mark fruit with a 4-or 5-digit number depending on how they are grown.’
Universal Product Code/ˌyo͞onəˈvərsəl ˈprädəkt kōd/
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.