One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small external flash drive that can be used with any computer that has a USB port.
- ‘There was plenty of USB flash drives that have become tiny in size, huge in storage capacity, shock and water resistant.’
- ‘Installation and operation is extremely simple, and other than perhaps having to install a software driver, the use of a USB flash drive is a matter of having an available USB port on your computer.’
- ‘It can prevent someone copying files into an email, or to a USB flash drive.’
- ‘It may not be as small as some USB flash drives, but it's very capacious and represents great value for money.’
- ‘Nowadays that amount of digitized information can fit on a USB flash drive, the sort of thing people carry on key chains.’
- ‘You will have to supply your own USB flash drive.’
- ‘The organization said it believes that over five million USB flash drives will be sold in 2003 in the United States alone, representing approximately 20 percent of the worldwide market.’
- ‘The USB flash drive has become a hot product in the past few years, thanks to dropping prices and sheer convenience.’
- ‘CDs, DVDs or USB flash drives are perfect for performing a quick, reliable backup of user data.’
- ‘We're not sure if USB flash drives are really too small, making them easier to steal, lose or misplace.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.