A mathematical model of a hypothetical computing machine that can use a predefined set of rules to determine a result from a set of input variables.
- ‘Some Turing machines on certain inputs never halt.’
- ‘I learnt about Turing machines.’
- ‘Turing machines are entities that run programs that must be written by an external entity.’
- ‘The Turing machines do unary multiplications.’
- ‘He studies Turing machines and grammar-driven systems where substitution rules allow a string of symbols to grow and change.’
- ‘You can only succeed by making all Turing machines illegal.’