One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A saddle horse of a light breed first developed at the Trakehnen stud farm near Kaliningrad in Russia.
- ‘He began riding a large Connamera pony and later a Connamera / Trakehner cross.’
- ‘The Trakehner stallion put in a flowing and brilliant test, showing off the excellent foundation he received in Germany.’
- ‘Katrina was very nice and her big Trakehner gelding Shadow was a terrific jumper.’
- ‘My mom was involved with organizing a celebratory performance of Trakehner horses.’
- ‘He had a fabulous year on his black Trakehner stallion, culminating in an individual gold medal at the Pan American Championships.’
- ‘Mary is in the ring aboard her handsome bay Trakehner mare, Bella, instructing Sharon, her first student of the day.’
- ‘His grand prix Trakehner stallion has several grand prix horses in his immediate pedigree, including his sire.’
2A type of fence used in horse trials, consisting of a ditch spanned by center rails.
- ‘The hold lasted 54 minutes, leaving two competitors to walk around in front of fence 7, an imposing Trakehner.’
Early 20th century: from German.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.