One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A neurological disorder characterized by involuntary tics and vocalizations and often the compulsive utterance of obscenities.
- ‘The neurological disorder known as Tourette's syndrome, which you might have thought of as an adult's disease, can strike when kids are just toddlers.’
- ‘If early-stage experiments pan out, Alzheimer's disease, obsessive-compulsive disorder, Tourette's syndrome, bulimia, and other brain ailments could be next.’
- ‘There is an increased rate of OCD in people with Tourette's syndrome, an illness characterized by involuntary movements and vocalizations.’
- ‘The author notes that obsessive-compulsive disorder is not the only psychiatric disorder that overlaps with Tourette's syndrome.’
- ‘The Maladaptive index includes symptoms of Tourette's syndrome, Posttraumatic stress disorder, toileting problems, sexualized behavior, and pica.’
Late 19th century: named after Gilles de la Tourette (1857–1904), French neurologist.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.