One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Hollywood, or the superficially glamorous world it represents.
- ‘But how much can we believe of Hollywood's Tinseltown representations of psychopaths?’
- ‘It was directed and filmed by a couple of the classic talents in the golden age of Tinseltown's movie making machine.’
- ‘Love him or loathe him, Howard Hughes added some much needed sparkle to Tinseltown.’
- ‘The movie also took the prize for worst film at the 25th annual Razzies, an Oscar spoof that trashes Tinseltown's low points.’
- ‘Pointless meandering in a wooded area may have, at one time, seemed like a ticket to Tinseltown respect and royalties.’
- ‘It is the story of a young hopeful, Betty, who arrives, childlike, in Tinseltown pumped up with dreams generated by the alluring monster Hollywood.’
- ‘The fact that it's more intentionally entertaining than the usual Tinseltown tripe is another matter all together.’
- ‘The Hollywood issue is an annual version of the popular magazine that showcases the brightest lights in Tinseltown.’
- ‘And no doubt, right now, he has to be one of the hottest directors in Tinseltown.’
- ‘It's a smorgasbord of underappreciated, flying just under the radar Tinseltown talents.’
- ‘After a lackluster year for movie ticket sales, all Tinseltown wants is a big fat blockbuster.’
- ‘If things come along, we'll have a look at them but we're certainly not looking to launch an assault on Tinseltown just yet!’
- ‘Yet the ensuing trip through Tinseltown excess feels more like a kerb-crawl than a joyride, which falls victim to just about every contrivance possible.’
- ‘Thankfully, this will be the last time for a while that the director relies on such Tinseltown trappings to tell his story.’
- ‘Instead, cast your eyes on these truisms from Tinseltown.’
- ‘But although he hated Tinseltown, Tinseltown loved him.’
- ‘Teddington may seem like a million miles away from the bright lights of Hollywood, yet the glamour and glitz of Tinseltown is now well within reach for one of its young residents.’
- ‘When rumor has it a big time Hollywood producer is going to attend the show, Ralph is convinced he is Tinseltown bound.’
- ‘He's been offered scads of money by Hollywood to helm screwball comedies in Tinseltown, and has offered them the bird back.’
- ‘In tacky Tinseltown and London's effete Bloomsbury, Indian writers, film stars and directors are tops.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.