Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An animal of a breed of gray, black, cream, or particolored terrier with a thick shaggy coat.
- ‘She is speaking of her husband Wayne Pate, with whom she lives in Brooklyn with their Tibetan terrier Lucy and cats Daisy and Tittens.’
- ‘Himalayan breeds such as the Mastiff, the Lhasa Apso and the Tibetan terrier are safe in Europe and America.’
- ‘Nellie is a posh dog, a Tibetan terrier, and she's as cute and as doggy as you could possibly get.’
- ‘They would walk in the fields with their three Tibetan terriers.’
- ‘I have a Tibetan terrier, Dinky, who looks exactly like me - we're going grey together.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.