Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A dressing for salad or seafood consisting of mayonnaise with ketchup and chopped pickles.
- ‘We had biscuits and eggs and salad with Thousand Island dressing.’
- ‘A salad with a lot of Thousand Island dressing is just as bad as a cheeseburger.’
- ‘Steamed broccoli tastes good with most sauce or dressings, such as mayonnaise, Thousand Island dressing or horseradish sauce.’
- ‘In a nearby refrigerator, he found a bowl of salad with Thousand Island dressing, and found a spoon, fork, and knife in a nearby drawer.’
- ‘The Thousand Island dressing, or whatever it is that they put on the crab, is just too good.’
Thousand Island dressing/ˈTHouznd ˈīlənd ˈdresiNG/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.