Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A poker game in which players compose their hands from cards dealt to them combined with community cards dealt face up and shared among them.
- ‘You can play the ever popular Texas hold 'em, select between tables, and chat with other players.’
- ‘Four comedians square off over the felt at Sydney's Star City casino, playing Texas hold 'em poker with sponsor's money, with the winnings going to charity.’
- ‘We break out pitchers of beer and play Texas hold 'em.’
- ‘A few of the smaller tables had been set around the room to serve a tables for card games, and Haito saw that Kim, John, and old mechanic were playing an intense game of what looked to be Texas hold 'em.’
- ‘The game that you see on television is no-limit Texas hold 'em, and that's a game of big bets.’
Texas Hold 'Em/ˌteksəs ˈhōld əm/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.