Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A poker game in which players compose their hands from cards dealt to them combined with community cards dealt face up and shared among them.
- ‘Texas Hold 'Em: Will the Tour King sit this one out?’
- ‘All your winnings at the Knob Creek Texas Hold 'Em will go to charity.’
- ‘A few of the smaller tables had been set around the room to serve a tables for card games, and Haito saw that Kim, John, and old mechanic were playing an intense game of what looked to be Texas hold 'em.’
- ‘In Texas Hold 'Em two aces are the best cards to start with.’
- ‘Texas Hold 'Em, online multiplayer.’
- ‘Like Texas Hold 'Em, it's fun to watch and nervewracking to play.’
- ‘Stephen Hendry first switched me on to the form of poker called Texas Hold 'Em.’
- ‘Texas Hold 'Em is the name of what I usually play and with which you might be familiar if you watch Channel 4 Late Night Poker.’
- ‘And this poker hand is seven-card stud, no-limit Texas Hold 'Em.’
- ‘Four comedians square off over the felt at Sydney's Star City casino, playing Texas hold 'em poker with sponsor's money, with the winnings going to charity.’
- ‘Dozens of books have been published in the past few months promising to help the reader clean up at Texas Hold 'Em.’
- ‘I think they called it Texas Hold 'Em.’
- ‘Recognizing the popularity of Poker, they introduced a computer game of Texas Hold 'Em this year.’
- ‘Betting big with a pair of deuces in Texas Hold 'Em could lead to a third deuce and a win on "the river."’
- ‘For beginning poker players, try Cardinal's Professional Texas Hold 'Em Poker Set, $29.99, which includes 200 chips and a deck of cards.’
- ‘The game that you see on television is no-limit Texas hold 'em, and that's a game of big bets.’
- ‘My suggestion: "Proposes International No-Limit Texas Hold 'Em tournament to Allocate Agricultural Subsidies."’
- ‘We break out pitchers of beer and play Texas hold 'em.’
- ‘Several channels carried the professional poker games and during halftime, commercials, and lulls in football action, I anxiously clicked over to see some Texas Hold 'Em.’
- ‘Multi-player Texas Hold 'Em and bingo will also make an appearance in the RealTime stable of games.’
- ‘He was running a sports book operation for the Albanians as well as weekly games of Texas Hold 'Em.’
- ‘I feel like taking the bus down to Atlantic City and playing a few hands of Texas Hold 'Em.’
- ‘If you don't have a TV, Texas Hold 'Em is all the rage.’
- ‘Poker fans will recognize that this brand of the game has recently been supplanted by Texas Hold 'Em because the percentages in five card stud are easier to navigate.’
- ‘You can play the ever popular Texas hold 'em, select between tables, and chat with other players.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.