One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A member of a people forming the majority population of the south Indian state of Andhra Pradesh.
- ‘A 110 years later, the play still has the Telugus captivated.’
- ‘Apart from those in the country, Telugus in the US, the UK, and Canada, too, can relish the Vissa contest as the channel's beaming will be available there in next three months.’
- ‘Despite being a Telugu, she says her most satisfying numbers came in other languages like Tamil and Malayalam.’
- ‘His wife, Tanya, an airhostess with the Indian Airlines, is a Telugu.’
- ‘For Telugus world over, Ugadi has a special significance, as it heralds the onset of a new year, the beginning of new hopes and aspirations.’
- ‘The way the Tamils celebrate their New Year (the year is called Shubhanu) is not very different from how the Kannadigas and Telugus did it last week.’
- ‘The ethos and cultures of Tamilians and Telugus are as different as chalk and cheese.’
- ‘If the Kannadigas, Tamils and Telugus are the mainstay of the City, the Malayalis are not far behind.’
- ‘This is a small effort to remind Telugus about their rich traditions that are on the wane.’
- ‘Kannadigas, Telugus, Tamils have all settled down here and contributed their own culture to mingle with the local culture to create a truly Bangalorean ethos.’
2The Dravidian language of the Telugu, spoken mainly in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- ‘A versatile linguist, he has acted in every major regional language including Gujarati, Hindi, Marathi and Telegu.’
- ‘The Research Centre will soon come out with similar Internet search engines for Hindi, Malayalam, Telugu and Kannada languages, he said.’
- ‘The film is originally in Mandarin but has been dubbed in Hindi and Telugu for its India release.’
- ‘The thriller is also slated for release in at least two other languages - Tamil and Telugu.’
- ‘As many as 150 students have started to read, write and speak in Telugu.’
Relating to the Telugu or their language.
- ‘These books will be available in English and the publishers have plans of bringing these comics in Bengali, Hindi, Malayalam, Punjabi, Tamil and Telugu languages too.’
- ‘Because, rarely would one have the pleasant opportunity of having two lovely actresses from Telugu film world knocking their doors and wanting to spend some time with their families.’
- ‘An official Website will also be launched containing about 2,000 pages with information ranging from the history of the language to Telugu software.’
- ‘Eating is my passion and I am used to the best of Malayali, Telugu and North Indian food.’
- ‘Most Hindus in Malaysia speak Tamil, even if they are Gujarati or Telegu.’
From the name in Telugu, teluṅgu.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.