One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A compound of tellurium with another more electropositive element or a radical.
- ‘They separately synthesized rod-shaped nanometre scale crystal of two semi-conductors: cadmium selenide and cadmium telluride.’
- ‘The group is exploring cadmium telluride, cadmium sulfide, boron/phosphorous-doped silicon, and organic/polymeric materials and plans to assess more exotic photovoltaic materials in the future.’
- ‘Newly developed handheld gamma-ray spectrometers based on cadmium zinc telluride detectors are currently being used to detect and identify radioisotopes in a variety of security and defense applications.’
- ‘The most common minerals of gold are the tellurides, such as gold telluride, present in the mineral calavarite.’
- ‘The boiling points decrease as the size of the electronegative atom decreases from hydrogen telluride to hydrogen sulfide.’
A resort town in southwestern Colorado, a former mining center, now a popular ski resort; population 2,361 (est. 2008).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.