Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another name for Panchen Lama
- ‘Thereafter the Tashi Lama sent for me, and I was given no more time to study the ancient books.’
- ‘These are the mausolea of the five departed Tashi Lamas, the present Lama being the sixth.’
- ‘Over the winters, Shree learnt from Tashi Lama the Traditional secrets of Singing Bowl Therapy & Sound Healing.’
- ‘And to this the Emperor is said to have consented; but, owing to the death of the Tashi Lama and the jealousy of the Chinese officials, nothing resulted.’
- ‘Most of the material is newly sourced from books and manuscripts lent to Bell by the Dalai and Tashi Lamas and conversations with many leading Tibetans.’
Tashi Lama/ˈtäSHē ˈlämə/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.