Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another name for Panchen Lama
- ‘Most of the material is newly sourced from books and manuscripts lent to Bell by the Dalai and Tashi Lamas and conversations with many leading Tibetans.’
- ‘Thereafter the Tashi Lama sent for me, and I was given no more time to study the ancient books.’
- ‘And to this the Emperor is said to have consented; but, owing to the death of the Tashi Lama and the jealousy of the Chinese officials, nothing resulted.’
- ‘These are the mausolea of the five departed Tashi Lamas, the present Lama being the sixth.’
- ‘Over the winters, Shree learnt from Tashi Lama the Traditional secrets of Singing Bowl Therapy & Sound Healing.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.