One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A town in northern New Mexico, in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains; population 5,551 (est. 2008).
1A North American people native to New Mexico.
- ‘The Taos Indians, being great hunters, are also famous for their work with animal skins moccasins, boots and drums.’
- ‘Most archeologists believe that the Taos Indians along with other Pueblo Indians settled along the Rio Grande migrated from the Four Corners region.’
- ‘A deep forested mountain valley cradles a small lake that is the headwaters of Rio Pueblo, which tumbles through the village of the Taos people.’
- 1.1 A member of the Taos.
- 1.2 The language of the Taos.
- ‘Taos belongs to a northern sub-grouping on the Tiwa branch of the Kiowa-Tanoan language family.’
- ‘In data collected in 1935 and 1937, he notes that Taos was spoken by all members of the Taos Pueblo community.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.