One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lymphocyte of a type produced or processed by the thymus gland and actively participating in the immune response.
- ‘This T cell transformation process takes time, and only memory T cells can proliferate in response to a booster vaccination or a second infection.’
- ‘They then migrate to lymph nodes to initiate an immune response in the T cell areas.’
- ‘For patients with a normal T cell immune system, less than 1% will develop a systemic infection.’
- ‘The T cell will then be stimulated to respond and initiate the primary immune response.’
- ‘Granulomas occur as a result of a helper T cell Type 1 protective immune response and are dynamic structures.’
1970s: from T for thymus.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.