Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A popular general-purpose system of massage, devised in Sweden.
- ‘A recent study found a 20-minute Swedish massage given two hours after a weight workout significantly reduced soreness over the next two days.’
- ‘The women can choose from Swedish massage, reiki, therapeutic massage, aromatherapy, Indian head massage and reflexology.’
- ‘The École d' esthétique Édith Serei offers a ‘Massage Therapy’ program that allows students to specialize in Swedish massage, Shiatsu or Polarity.’
- ‘The back rub consisted of basic Swedish massage strokes.’
- ‘The kneading of muscles, which dominates in Swedish massage, is absent from Thai massage - energy points are pressed or general pressure is used instead.’
- ‘A standardised regimen of ten minutes duration was developed based on traditional massage practices, which were similar to the Swedish massage treatment.’
- ‘Your best bet is a Swedish massage, which is designed to relax muscles by applying deep pressure.’
- ‘A Swedish massage concentrates on the soft tissues near the surface of your skin and doesn't involve the heavier pressure needed to massage soft tissue deeper in your body.’
- ‘For sunburned skin or after exposure to strong sunshine, experts recommend a Swedish massage with Oil of Frankincense, blended with geranium and calming lavender.’
- ‘Treat yourself to a nice Swedish massage and a facial before heading to dinner.’
- ‘At the spa you can do everything, from a relaxing Swedish massage to a moor-mud body wrap.’
- ‘Visitors to the health farm can avail of treatments such as an aromatherapy and Swedish massage, a detox body wrap, a seaweed wrap, aqua detox, an ozone bath, a facial or a pedicure.’
- ‘There will be a fashion show compèred by Tommy Marren, also wine tasting, natural therapies such as reflexology, Swedish massage, Reiki and more.’
- ‘His whacks are no more uncomfortable than a typical Swedish massage.’
- ‘This technique combines Swedish massage, acupressure, and deep strokes along your muscles.’
- ‘In the intervention implemented in the present study, the mothers were given a 20-minute Swedish massage two times per week for four weeks.’
- ‘If anyone feels like a bit more pampering, they can indulge in a full-body Swedish massage in the resort, payable locally.’
- ‘We were never allowed a doctor or anything like that - she believed in Swedish massage even when she broke her leg.’
- ‘Five two-hour sessions of Swedish massage and shiatsu (a kind of massage using acupressure) didn't help either.’
- ‘The treatment list is comparatively small: a Swedish massage, one facial, one mud wrap, one body scrub, manicure and pedicure.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.