One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The National Football League championship game, played annually between the champions of the National and the American Football Conferences.
- ‘A 1966 NFL rule prohibits the league from awarding outdoor Super Bowls to cities where the mean temperature at game time is below 50 degrees.’
- ‘If we allow cameras, which are ineffective but pervasive, at the Super Bowl, wouldn't they spread to city centers?’
- ‘Twenty years after the Super Bowl first became as big a day for advertisers as it is for gridiron fans, Madison Avenue is gearing up for its annual midwinter adfest.’
- ‘Would you want the Super Bowl to be the first football game you ever really played in?’
- ‘The movie award ceremony is the second most viewed show of the year on American television and is seen as the Super Bowl for women.’
- ‘I have always been keenly aware of the void between the Super Bowl and the start of Major League baseball.’
- ‘Because football is all about great defense and this should prove to be one of the great defensive battles in the history of the Super Bowl.’
- ‘The average Super Bowl attendee spends four nights in a hotel.’
- ‘That's how it was done at the Super Bowl and at the Olympic games, and how it is presently being done in airports and public places all over the world.’
- ‘Two out of every five working Americans watch the Super Bowl each year.’
- ‘Only one event, the Super Bowl, has a chance to do that now.’
- ‘Promoters want at least preliminary plans in place for the February Super Bowl so they can market it to visiting corporate leaders.’
- ‘The product tastes the same the week before the Super Bowl as it does the week after the Super Bowl.’
- ‘The 2005 Super Bowl can change the city's reputation among some observers.’
- ‘The company's outrageous ads - including its Super Bowl spots - got lots of attention.’
- ‘It was used at the Super Bowl in 1998 and '99 and may well show up at this January's game in Tampa Bay as well.’
- ‘At the time, the league had only 14 teams, and it would be seven years until the championship was dubbed the Super Bowl.’
- ‘At season's end, one of the most frequently asked questions is what the spreads and results were of all previous Super Bowls.’
- ‘He expects that the Super Bowl efforts will generate tangible results three to five years after the 2005 game is played.’
- ‘And there's another - the potential for a second Super Bowl, maybe within the decade.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.