Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for blue crane
- ‘I saw Stanley cranes protecting a nest and wattle cranes with a young one.’
- ‘A new male Stanley crane has come to join our female.’
- ‘The spectacular courtship dance of the Stanley crane begins with the pair running around in circles.’
- ‘On the first part of your trek you'll see Stanley cranes, okapi, and yellow-backed duikers (a variety of antelope).’
- ‘The blue crane (Anthropoides paradisea, also called Stanley crane) is a bird very special to the amaXhosa, who call it indwe.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.