One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A horse of a breed able to attain a specified speed, developed especially for trotting.
- ‘The purpose of racing Thoroughbreds, Standardbreds, and greyhounds is to promote individual excellence.’
- ‘Last year, we placed 275 retired Thoroughbreds and Standardbreds into carefully screened and monitored homes in 28 states.’
- ‘She breeds her own Standardbreds.’
- ‘In addition to Thoroughbreds, breeding rights to Standardbreds, Quarter Horses, and American Saddlebreds will be on offer.’
- ‘Permanent identifying marks on Thoroughbreds and Standardbreds, however, are believed to be a deterrent to horse thieves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.