One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A parainfluenza virus which causes disease of the upper respiratory tract in mice and is used in the laboratory to produce cell fusion.
- ‘Sentinel mice monitored serologically throughout the study were free of Sendai virus, pneumonia virus of mice, mouse hepatitis virus, other murine viruses and mycoplasma.’
- ‘ICS has been used extensively to measure the spatial distribution of plasmamembrane proteins, and to assay the binding and fusion of Sendai virus to target cells.’
- ‘Infection with Sendai virus increased the number of neurons containing substance P or neurokinin A to about 20% of total neurons on the fourth day.’
- ‘The data for the Sendai virus also suggest relaxed selective constraints on V, although the lower levels of variation in this clade render this conclusion less certain.’
- ‘Some paramyxoviruses, such as measles virus in humans and Sendai virus in mice, can also induce persistent infection in neurons of the central nervous system, in this study, we found no evidence that RSV infects brain tissue.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.